On October 19, 2016, the National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO) will hold a webinar to announce the Nanotechnology Signature Initiative (NSI): Water Sustainability through Nanotechnology. The webinar will highlight the activities of several participating federal agencies. NNCO states that the webinar will be the first in a series exploring the confluence of nanotechnology and water. Subsequent webinars will each focus on one of the NSI’s technical focus areas: increase water availability; improve the efficiency of water delivery and use; and enable next-generation water monitoring systems. Speakers will include:
- Nora Savage, National Science Foundation;
- Daniel Barta, National Aeronautics and Space Administration;
- Paul Shapiro, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency;
- Jim Dobrowolski, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Institute of Food and Agriculture; and
- Hongda Chen, USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
NNCO encourages participation from representatives of the National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) member agencies participating in the NSI, the nanotechnology business community, and interested members of the general public, media, academia, industry, non-governmental organizations, and federal, state, and local governments. Following speaker presentations, the panelists will answer questions from the audience. Questions for the panel can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org through the end of the webinar. Registration is limited to 500 and is open on a first-come, first-served basis.