The California Department of Toxic Substances Control (CDTSC) will hold a symposium entitled “Nanotechnology Symposium II: Potential Hazards of Nanomaterials in the Environment” on October 3, 2007. The draft agenda includes the following topics:
- Chemical Properties and Commercial/Industrial Applications of Nanotechnology;
- Physico-Chemical Characterization of Nanoparticles and Its Relation to Their Bio-Interactions;
- Potential Ecotoxicity of Nanoparticles Released to the Environment;
- Nanomaterial Human Health Risks and Risk Assessment; and
- One Proactive Approach to Responsible Nanotechnology Development: The DuPont — Environmental Defense NanoRisk Framework.