The Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI) and the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Project on Emerging Nanotechnologies (PEN) will hold a conference on February 28-29, 2008, on “Nanotechnology Law, Regulation and Policy.” Questions addressed during the conference will include:
- How is the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) going to implement its Nanotechnology Task Force Report?
- How is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) going to deal with nanotech issues in the workplace?
- Is Congress ready to act on nanotechnology if federal regulators don’t?
- What first and second generation nanotechnology products are already on the market, and what’s to come?
- Do Europe and Asia approach nanotechnology safety and oversight differently than the United States?
- When it comes to nanotechnology, should size make a regulatory difference?