In a September 13, 2012, Federal Register notice, the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) announced that the National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO) will hold a webinar on September 20, 2012, to provide an open forum to answer questions and hear suggestions related to the National Nanotechnology Initiative’s (NNI) public website, which was redesigned in April 2011. According to the notice, NNCO is seeking public comment and recommendations on potential updates to, improvements on, and opportunities for public engagement through Nano.gov. The webinar will address the following questions:
- How is Nano.gov useful to you and your stakeholders/colleagues/peers?
- What do you like on Nano.gov? Which pages are most useful to you? Why?
- What would you like to see improved? Are there pages you do not understand? Confusing information? Poor layout? Difficult to use?
- Are there pages that you feel are missing from Nano.gov? What other types of pages would you like to see? What information would you like to find on Nano.gov that is not currently there?
- Are there similar websites that present information in a way that you find more useful, exciting, attractive, or user-friendly?