The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) announced in its December 14, 2016, ECHA Weekly that the following drafts for updated ECHA guidance on the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulation have moved to the next consultation step and been sent to the Member State Committee for review:
- Guidance on recommendations for nanomaterials for environmental endpoints:
- Appendix R7-1 Recommendations for nanomaterials applicable to Chapter R7a Endpoint specific guidance;
- Appendix R7-1 Recommendations for nanomaterials applicable to Chapter R7b Endpoint specific guidance; and
- Appendix R7-2 Recommendations for nanomaterials applicable to Chapter R7c Endpoint specific guidance; and
- Guidance on recommendations for nanomaterials for human health endpoints.
ECHA suggests that potential registrants for the 2018 deadline may be interested in viewing the revised draft documents. As reported in our June 9, 2016, blog item, “ECHA Consults PEGs on Nanomaterial Guidance Documents,” the draft guidance documents were first submitted to Partner Expert Groups (PEG) for consultation. ECHA has posted summaries of the comments received from the PEGs, as well as its responses. The final consultation on the guidance documents will be with the European Commission and the relevant Competent Authorities.