On May 16, 2019, the American Chemical Society (ACS) will hold a webinar on working safely with nanomaterials in the laboratory. Chuck Geraci, Associate Director for Emerging Technologies at the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), will moderate a panel including:
- Ken Kretchman, Director of Environmental Safety, NC State University;
- Craig Merlic, Professor of Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA); and
- Debbie Decker, Chemical and Laboratory Safety Officer, University of California (UC), Davis.
The panel will discuss the importance of managing products containing nanomaterials by integrating them into an existing lab safety program. During this free interactive broadcast, they will highlight the importance of a strong safety culture that is created and maintained by bench scientists who champion appropriate safety practices. Participants will learn:
- How to manage nanomaterial-containing products as part of an already-existing environmental, health, and safety (EHS) program;
- How to create and maintain a strong safety culture in a lab and the benefits of that culture; and
- Resources that are available to laboratories, manufacturers, and processors to handle nanomaterials safely.