The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development has published a draft Study Report on Applicability of the key event based TG 442D for in vitro skin sensitisation testing of nano-materials. The study summary and conclusions include the following questions and answers (Q&A):
- Is the Test Guideline (TG) technically applicable?
- Which nanomaterials are suitable for testing?
- Are there nanomaterials that were not possible to test?
- What has to be adapted to use the TG for nanomaterials?
- Are protocol changes needed to test nanomaterials?
Some of the recommendations made under the previous point can be directly addressed by adaptation of the standard operating procedures (SOP) of the KeratinoSensTM test method, e.g., viability assessment.
Comments are due January 31, 2023.